Friday, March 15, 2019

Shelley: Day 5 - Mental Health Night

Image result for cadbury creme egg

Many moons ago when I was the mother of three kids under the age of 2 I decided I needed just a couple of hours each week when no one needed me, no one touched me, and I didn't have to think for anyone but myself. The solution Jason and I came up with was what we call my "night off". If you think about it, Federal Law requires employers to give employees breaks, why can't mom's have one just once a week?  Friday night, I tap out at 5:30pm and Jason taps in. Some Fridays it doesn't work out because Jason is out of town or something else comes up, but for the most part, we try to make "night off" sacrosanct.   It's cheaper than therapy. Well, I often go to a movie and I was raised to LOVE pop corn.  I LOVE POP CORN!!!!  I love butter, I love salt, I LOVE IT!! If that reads a little nutty, it's because it is. 

My biggest challenge this week was making good choices tonight. I restrained myself today, ate carefully, to allow myself a junior non-buttered pop corn and a treat (mmmmmm Creme Egg).  I went to Cafe Rio for dinner and got a tostada with no tortilla, only one scoop of rice, no beans, no cheese, extra pico and cilantro and no tortilla chips or sprinkle of that yummy white stuff. It's still not super calorie light, but on the whole I stayed under my BMR. 

Today's BMR CALC: 1,899-1,644=255 Calorie Deficit (Passable. . .especially for my night off!)

Here's what I ate today:
Budget
1,679
Food
1,644
Exercise
-
Net
1,644
Under
35
Breakfast: 252
Blackforest Ham
5 Ounces
175
Blueberries
101 Grams
58
Raspberries
37 Grams
19
Lunch: 343
Bread, Pita, White
1/2 Each
83
Sauce, Tzatziki
1/2 Each
25
Salad Greens
2 Cups
14
Dinner: 498
Snacks: 551
Cadbury Cream Egg
1 Serving
150
Small Swedish Fish
16 Pieces
110
Strawberries
10 Ounces
91
Until tomorrow. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment