Sunday, March 31, 2019

Shelley: Day 20 & 21 - Too Tired Last Night!

Image result for small plates vs big plates image

I was so tired last night I went to bed and then realized I totally spaced blogging.  I'm not hiding anything, it was a good day. We went to Vessel for dinner and I ordered wisely and then I didn't even finish. The food was Ok, and I decided that it just didn't taste good enough to warrant the calories.  I spent the day cleaning out my childhood stuff so I made a lot of trips up and down stairs, so it was a good day. Today was less successful. My mother-in-law is unwell and so we decided to take them dinner. I did well, kept to healthy things, grilled tri-tip, fresh corn (I got my portion before I put butter on it for the others).  I've been doing well so I didn't even consider dessert, but thankfully, we were given a Great Harvest Basket for closing on our old house and I was able to repurpose the pumpkin chocolate chip bread.  The trouble came later. . .

I decided to make chocolate covered strawberries (which are my go-to because I'm a terrible baker).  I am so weak! I didn't snitch at all while making them (I have OCD and that's just gross). But there were a few tablespoons of extra chocolate and I decided to dip some of the left over pineapple from dinner in the warm chocolate. I shared with the kids, but I ate several heavily coated pieces. Ugh. I'd like to point out the strawberries were for a good purpose, I took some to our neighbor who just had surgery and to the person I minister to as well as one other family who brought us a treat. Thankfully, I didn't eat dinner, since lunch was a good size, but it's crazy I got my who day of calories basically in chocolate. 

Today's favorite tip:  Small plates! At every family dinner, I get out the smallest plate I can find. I'll use a teacup saucer if I can find it. There is only so much harm you can do with a little plate, even if you go back for seconds. 

Today's BMR CAL: 1,866- 1,274= 592 Calorie Deficit (This might be estimated a bit wrong. I'm probably closer to a 300 calorie deficit today.  I didn't weigh by chocolate indiscretion).

Here's what I ate today:
Budget
1,614
Food
1,274
Exercise
-
Net
1,274
Under
340
Breakfast: 123
Blackforest Ham
3 1/2 Ounces
123
Lunch: 448
Tri Tip Steak
6 Ounces
270
Carrots, Medium
1 Each
25
Dinner: 403
Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
1 Serving
90
Strawberries By Gram
150 Grams
48
Snacks: 300
Random Snitching
6 Servings
300

No comments:

Post a Comment